Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sp 10 Questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I detest hairy yarn!!! I love Koigu, and other sock yarns. I am basically a natural fiber girl.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A wine canister I found at Michaels and a wrap I made.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
My grandmothers sister taught me when I was 5. I am 48, I have been knitting and crocheting off and on. I would say intermediate to advanced and not afraid to ask questions or for help.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Oh that would be like another stash-no.

5. What's your favorite scent?
Liz

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
what kind of silly question is this- duh. dark chocolate and maple sugar candy

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I do not spin. although I sweep up enough cat and dog hair to knit an entire army of blankets weekly. I sew, bake and crochet.


8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
oldies and newbies. I can play anything. No country!

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Coral and turqoise. no white, just too blah. and purple

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Dogs-only one now! cats, 2 dogs and a turtle

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
ponchos-not yet, scarves, hats and mittens yes

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
socks and mittens

13. What are you knitting right now?
clapotis-about to get frogged and made into a flower basket shawl

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
who doesn't. yes please

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
circular I would love to try out the new knit picks circulars in the sock sizes 1-3 or the new addi lace, ummmm

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
winder yes, swift no

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
6 months, and going to be frogged

18. What is your favorite holiday?
thanksgiving, eat and be merry

19. Is there anything that you collect?
only yarn

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I would love Magnificent Mittens and an Interweave Knits subscription!21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
not really

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I wear a size 9 so I think my foot measures 10 inches I will get back on this

My birthday is Feb. 11th. I am an Aquarian.

I have frogged the stupid clapotis for the last time. I am going to make a flower basket shawl instead. I have to make it out of acrylic as the person I am making it for is allergic to wool. No blocking.....oh well. I am sick, sick I say of my CPH. I must finish it. Every time I check out the "knit the Central Park Hoodie with us" blog I am jealous of those who have finished. I am 3/4 done with the sleeves and the front and back are all seamed and the shoulder and blocked. But so am I. UGH! Oh well. some day it will be my oldest UFO.
More Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home