Friday, November 16, 2007

Best damn breakfast ever!


This my friends is a home made Devil Dog. Some of you may know it as a Whoopie Pie. Ihave been making theses since I was 9. A neighbor shared the recipe and they have been a hit. I was craving them the other day and caved. Daughter #1 ate 6 the first day. The next morning I awoke to find 4. I had 2 for breakfast. Nope, not losing any weight here. BUt hey, I live in Vermont. We have to pack on the pounds for the winter.
On to the turkey.



This little guy was made about 13 years ago. I have 5 of them. My old house got flooded, yes in Vermont, (by a faulty toilet) and I lost all of my patterns in my sewing room. So I am asking, alright begging. DOes anyone have this pattern? I think it came from a Craft Basket magazine. My mother in law gave it to me years ago. I am entertaining for Thanksgiving and need to whip up 4 more. LOL.
So, please. fellow knitters, if you have seen this little fellow, share?!

On to the CPH! I cast on what I thought looked like an appropriate amount of stitches for the ribbing. Nope I finished it and it was way too tight. So I rrriiipppeed the sucker out and cast on 304 stitches just like the damn pattern says. I am on row 3. It will be done today. Pics tomorrow.
It is snowing!!! I hate snow, but I love the first snowfall. It is beautiful!
Have a great day-it's Friday!!!!
Ann

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ann,

Norma pointed us over here today, and I squealed with delight when I saw your whoopie pie! My aunt makes these things, which my family absolutely goes nuts over, but she refuses to share the recipe. :(

I hate to ask strangers for things via the Internet, but I was wondering if you would be willing to share the recipe or a link to the recipe in a future blog post? -- yours looks like a dead-on match to my aunt's whoopie pies.

BTW, love your CPnon-H!

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home