Sunday, March 02, 2008

Central Park Hoodless!



Okay, let's get one thing straight, I loved my CPH. But, I wasn't loving the hood. It laid kind of funny and I could feel it like a hunchback in my coat. So, I bit the bullet. I was going to cut the hood off, but Barb and Kaylen at Kyarns cringed and said I knew hot to fix it. UGH. So, yes I ripped off the button band and ripped off the hood. I kept the same number of stitches and did the same ribbing as the sleeves and the bottom. Then I picked up the button band stitches on the new collar too. & buttons later and about 6 inches of collar, I have a CPH that I LOVE. It was so nice to finish it yesterday because it was COLD.
I have been working on a pair of socks for me and a simple wrap for a friend. While I was down visiting my dad, I stopped by a yarn shop in Windsor CT and purchased 2 patterns and was gifted a Rowan book, at least I think it was. Oh well. I have the yarn for everything I bought. Just waiting to finish the projects at hand.
I have been making earrings thanks to my mom! She has started her own business of jewelry making and I remembered how much fun it was. So about $100 later, I am making my own. For myself and for others. I love to make earrings for others!
So I am barefoot and going back to my warm chair to finish me a pair of socks.
Keep warm.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is fan-DAMN-tastic!!!! ooh,ooh, I'm now excited to get going on mine! Yippee!

But first, more mundane matters: I'm defrosting the piece-of-crap freezer (on the top of the fridge) we have. It already died once, on exactly one year anniversary. They replaced something-something. Some flap froze open. Now it appears it's done it again. Argggggh.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

It's gorgeous. I'm about halfway through a CPH and knew from the start that I wasn't going to make the hood -- I'm just not a hoodie kind of girl. I'm so glad to see how you did it so now I can copy it! Great job!

12:52 AM  
Blogger Kathy in San Jose said...

Love your gorgeous CPH. I've been planning to make one for my roommate and wasn't going to do the hood, but thought I'd figure out a collar when I got to that point, but you already did the figuring out for me! Thanks!

1:14 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Now I really want to make a CPH, too! Nice work.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Beautifully rendered! I'm not such a fan of hoodies... the hood part, and your CPH is by far my favourite!

I just popped over from Norma's to see it and tell you, those earrings are Gorgeous!

BTW, the 'smooch' photo, love it, funny and sweet.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect. Really. Thanks. Now the CPH is going on my list.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Came over from Norma's and LOVE your sweater! I'm not a hoodie girl either, and this has finally convinced me to make this sweater. Thanks for the info on how you knit your collar!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home