Monday, March 03, 2008

Whoopie Pies, Socks and Earrings- Corrections to recipe!!




Thanks to a comment from Kristina, I have made Whoopie Pies. She has a relative who makes these and will not share it. Seriously folks, life is too short not to share something as simple as a recipe.
So here it is:

Whoopie Pies

2 c. sugar
3/4 c. Shortening
2 eggs
Beat together and add:
2 C. milk
2tsp. Vanilla
12 T. Cocoa
4 1/4 C flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking soda
pinch salt.
Mix together well.
Drop by rounded tablespoons or teaspoons on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for about 6-10 minutes. They will spring back when done. Cool on rack

Frosting ( the best part)

1 1/2 C. each shortening and marshmallow fluff
1 T. milk
1 1/2 C. confectionary sugar.
2 tsp. vanilla
Makes about 2 dozen huge pies!

Enjoy!
Okay so I made a pair of earrings to wear today. They are okay! Not my best!
And the sock -it SUCKS! the foot is fabulous. The ankle and up is too loose. AAGGH.
Thanks to the fabulous Norma, you all may be coming for a visit. Hello! Nice to meecha.
By the way, if you ever get to chat with Norma in person, she is the real deal-what you read is what you get. She is so animated. I love her. I met her in person at the local yarn shop and squeeled when I saw her. Hugged her and all! She really must have thought I was a whacko- I really liked the tattoo idea. LOL.
My daughter just turned us on to Jeff Dunham. Go on over and check him out...I keel you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
P.S. I have no idea how to insert a freakin link. It won't work!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. What you read is what you GET all right. Hee. I wore my earrings today. Got SO MANY compliments on them. One friend had read the blog, and he was IMPRESSED. He loved them. Excellent, chica.

5:00 PM  
Blogger knitnzu said...

My son loves Jeff Dunham... so we've watched quite a bit. FOund you from Norma. Woopie Pies! I went on a woopie pie baking binge a couple of years ago, trying to find THE BEST recipe... because at that time there was NO purchasable woopie pie in the area that was any good. (nowadays we have Isamax, a bakery that got a plug on Oprah, so they make lots and lots!, and they are good) My experiment verdict? Emeril's cake and mom's filling (with more fluff)... btw, you forgot cocoa in your recipe... I'll email you a couple of recipes if you want. LOVELY earrings you made for Norma, they are just beautiful! And finishing the cph, then taking the hood out... good for you for making it how you want it.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

the earings you made Norma are beautiful!!

8:41 PM  
Blogger JoanK said...

Hello Ann - the Whoopie Pies look wonderful (never seen them before) but I have a question - what is "fluff"? From -23C (that's 9 below zero in fahrenheit) Winnipeg, Canada

(one of Norma's lurkers)

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing the recipe! I am beyond ecstatic, and my family thanks you!

I will let you know how they come out :)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Yeppers - popped over here cause of Norma. But came back to drool over the whoopie pies and the hoodless CPH. Great job on the hoodless. And this way, you know you'll get lots of wear!

10:28 AM  
Blogger SamanthaLovee said...

Hahahahaha those woopie pies were.... FABU darling (teehee "IM FABULOUSSS!!) ahhh Jeff Dunham is HILARIOUS!!! I <3 him.

IHeartYou,
SamanthaLovee

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home